Friday, March 2

Top 45 songs on Hits 1 from 2017

I have decided to only do this end of year post, since I have barely started the other bunch, it is already March and I really have very little time on my hands.

Very special thanks to the preference revealer :p

I don't think I should write the rules, right? I think we are all familiar with them, and if not, the title is pretty self-explanatory: my top 45 songs on SIrius Xm Hits 1 (from all the songs that were relatively new at the beginning of the year and all the debuts in 2017 before December)

Honorable mentions:
Julia Michaels - Uh Huh
Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
Dua Lipa - New Rules
Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
Rihanna - Love On The Brain
Hailee Steinfield/Alesso/FGL/watt - Let Me Go
Charlie Puth - How Long
Shawn Mendes - Mercy

45. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
~I definitely do not like this as much as most of you. Your love definitely had a "peer pressure" effect on me. But I still love Coldplay's part. But the drop is annoying.

44. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
~Notice: without Beyonce'. She is awful. Overplay made this song get more and more boring. But I loved it at first, and still think that it is a sweet song and Ed Sheeran going back to Thinking Out Loud.

43. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
~Super catchy. The song was amazing at first, but the lyrics were questionable... I definitely understand how it is the song of the year.

42. Sabrina Carpenter - Why
~This reminds me of Gold, by Kiiara, a LOT. And Gold was not bad. But I find Why takes the whole idea behind Gold and transforms it to make it more subtle and catchy.

41. Selena Gomez/Marshmallow - Wolves
~I find, with Selena Gomez recently, that she sounds fantastic. Her past four or five songs have been spot on (except Bad Liar). Fetish, it AIn't Me, and this are all absolutely fabulous songs that showcase her talent. But the DJs need to step up their work, honestly. Kygo and Marshmallow could do better.

40. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
~Here, Selena Gomez is beyond amazing. If only Kygo could have leaned back.

39. All-American Rejects - Sweat
~I love AAR and always enjoy their music. Sweat is a bit different, I find. But I still love the chorus a lot and it is catchy enough to make this list.


38. One Ok Rock - American Girls
~This is one of those songs that get onto Hits 1 by fluke by some artist nobody knows about. I have a large tendency to love these songs. I love the rock feel in American Girls and the song is surprisingly catchy.


37. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfield - At My Best
~This song lasted a miserable two weeks on the countdown. I remember I had this debut high on MWP, like #7 or something. I really like MGK. Although Logic and Eminem are better, he can get the people into it. You all know how much I LOOOOOVE Home.


36. G-Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life
~One week for this? Come on. This song is so feel good and carefree. G-Eazy sounds happy for once!


35. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/DFA - Back To You
~I honestly was more surprised than ever when this didn't become a hit. Louis was 1D. And this song is super catchy. Although Bebe Rexha sings better and sounds better, Louis is also spot on and DFA do a nice job.


34. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
~I didn't really have a good relationship with Clean Bandit after rather be. I had never heard of Anne-Marie, and Sean Paul would not make me listen to a song. So I put this song away. Put after . had this at #1 I had to take a listen. And it was fantastic! I can't believe how I ever grew out of this. This song is so beautiful. Anne-Marie's voice is fantastic.


33. DNCE - Body Moves
~Not really a 2017 song, put still DNCE :p These guys try everything and anything to make a hit and it just doesn't work. No matter how catchy the songs ends up, CBTO will be their only hit. Kissing Strangers was a better attempt.


32. Selena Gomez - Fetish
~Guilty pleasure of 2017, easy. I find this is Selena Gomez's best song that she has ever made. I understand the hate, but I love this. Stay mellow.


31. Charlie Puth - Attention
~My opinion has totally plummeted about Charlie Puth since I heard an interview on the radio. I thought he was a nice, educated guy. But when he starts guaranteeing a hit if he sings not too high, not too low, then I have to question him. How is this not too high? I mean, he said he tries to sing in between so guys and girls can sing along. How are guys supposed to follow the chorus???


30. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
~Just another Maroon 5 song. But they are changing. Not necessarily for the good. Where is the rest of the band? Where is their Harder To Breathe days? Computers are completely taking over.


29. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times
~David Bowie if I ever heard him. A fantastic rock song.


28. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
~Twenty One Pilots are gone now, but when they were here, boy did they change my life. I find this song is repeated clips of three completely different songs. I like the pre-chorus the best.


27. Childish Gambino - Redbone
~No, this is not an error. This song is so warped that I can't understand it. It actually sounds really good and catchy.


26. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
~EASILY Swift's best song. The bass kills you from the get-go. The chorus is really good and I love the production.


25. Mono Mind - Save Me A Place
~I actually heard this on Hits 1 and thought that this was a throwback song they were playing, like that one My Chemical Romance song. But when I found out that this was new, I gave it a good listen. And "Ellie Goulding" sounds awesome in the chorus. The beat is so disco and I love that.


24. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
~If this had not been the biggest song of the year (despite what they all say), had almost 5 billion views and half of that being me, and having been played over and over and over on the radio throughout the whole year, this would have been in my top 3. Fonsi is spectacular, and Justin Bieber starts the song off well too.


23. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask
~Just a sweet innocent song with a needless curse that messes everything up.


22. Hey Violet - Hoodie
~Hey Violet really are my type. I love this type of music. This style is similar to No Future (Shaun Frank & Dyson) which is my top 5 of the year. I love songs with warped production.


21. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club
~ I don't get the hate. Camila has so improved since she left Fifth Harmony, and they completely failed. This song is so powerful and Camila sounds absolutely stellar.


20. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
~Jon Bellion was so underrated. This was his first song that actually came big. Really big. My radio stations were playing this a lot, as was Sirius. I had this on every single day playing off youtube. It is really catchy, and repeating the word Low is not as annoying as I thought it would be.

19. DNCE - Kissing Strangers
~Another catchy DNCE song. See Body Moves.

18. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
~This song is so catchy. It is SO much fun to listen to. The fact that no computers take part in this song makes me smile, and makes the song sound much more authentic. The vocals are fantastic. Even though they are high, you are not annoyed out of your mind like, say, Liam Payne sometimes.

17. Imagine Dragons - Believer
~Imagine Dragons are one of those evergreen bands immune to social trends that I love all the way through their, and my, years. OK, there are many bands like that. OK, none. Imagine Dragons are unique. They are like no other Alt/Pop band I hear nowadays. Believer is a powerful song. I have heard and jammed to more intense songs, but Believer is a nice break from the repetitive trash on the radio nowadays.

16. Camila Cabello - Havana
~I am still not sick of this song even after all that overplay. Pharrell does fantastic here and that is the main reason that I still love this song.

15. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay
~This song (also) reminds me a lot about No Future because of the computer/singer harmony and then the awesome drop right after the magic. The verses are great here too. And Zedd... Oh man! How amazing does he do here? He keeps it intense. He keeps the beat going and the mystical atmosphere going.

14. The Script - Rain
~The lyrics do not match the feel of the song. That is the only reason I did not have this song higher on MWP. I found it weird that The Script were singing about missing someone when the beat is feel-good and catchy. But the song itself is fantastic and inexplicably so.

13. Fall Out Boy - Champion
~Poor Fall Out Boy. They must have real fun making these songs, and I have real fun listening to them. But they never get anywhere. Even if they head back to their original songs like Centuries and the epic My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up), no one takes this art.

12. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
~I have always loved Steve Aoki. He does great DJ work. He doesn't overdo it like The Chainsmokers. He does something, unlike Dj Khaled. He keeps in between. I really like the drop here even though it could be annoying to some people. I feel for Louis and I love this song.

11. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
~I love The Vamps ever since Somebody To You. They are the best boy band out there and deserve more. They make such happy tunes that always lift my spirits up.

Welcome to the top 10!
10. James Hersey - Miss You
~When this song was on Hit-Bound and the countdown, I totally ignored how amazing it is. I just took it for a random song (in blue) that Hits 1 somehow picked up instead of many other wonderful songs. But once I listened to it one or two weeks after it left the countdown, I really grew into it. The song is super catchy. James Hersey's voice is fantastic. The song is mellow, but still makes you dance. It reminds me of Somebody That I Used To Know, but much better. This song is marvelous.
9. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
~The Weeknd is awesome. This one is probably one of his best songs. Daft Punk makes the atmosphere of the song so unique (until Pray For Me came along). The song itself as a whole is really catchy. The Weeknd has a great voice...
8. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
~Noah Cyrus does not have the ideal voice. But what she does have is the capacity to make a fantastic song out of it. This song is really good. I love Noah Cyrus and Labrinth's voice in this song. The production is really fun, including the teardrop. The song gets a lot of things right. It has absolutely nothing wrong. But the next songs have a larger wow factor.

7. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy 
~RIP Chester #legendsneverdie That death shocked so many people. I honestly felt so out of it because I only heard this song from Linkin Park. But after hearing Numb, In The End, What I've Done, I can understand how talented this guy was and I shudder every time I think of it. Literally. I rarely cry when I listen to a song. But when I first heard Numb, after he died, I honestly did. Heavy has become such a moving song ever since I heard it. I feel so stupid when I announce this sort of news to my family: "The lead singer from the Heavy band killed himself." How bad was this guy's depression? What did he feel like inside? And how did nobody help him, even when he clearly says his state in this masterpiece?

6. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later
~This is one of the many underrated songs that are absolutely marvelous. The production of this song is mind blowing. His voice is pure magic. The build-up is fantastic. this song is catchy, deep, and on my training playlist. This is probably the song I play the most right now from this list. This will never grow old and It sucks that this did absolutely nothing on the countdown.
5. Snakehips/MO - Don't Leave
~I first heard of Snakehips by their song Cruel, with Zayn. I really loved that song, mainly because of what Snakehips did, and I saw their potential to make something fantastic. I waited quite a while, and then this came out. MO featuring definitely did not please me until I gave this song a listen. Then I realized how great Snakehips can make «bad» singers. The production really is outstanding here and really catchy. The song really makes me dance. I get the hate for MO, but not for Snakehips. They are good DJs.
4. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
~So, Post's thing is repeating the same melody for the whole entire song. I get the lack of creativity in rappers, but, luckily for Post, this actually works. He has a really good voice in my opinion. The intro to the song is mysterious and I like it. I really have no reason why I love this song so much. I CAN say that without 21 Savage I would probably be sick of this song by now. He balances Post and makes the song a lot funnier.


3. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
~Before anything, I can say that Hey Violet really stink at songwriting. But everything except the words of this song makes me dance like crazy and enjoy myself like never. The chorus is really really catchy and I love the lead singer's voice. This one of my guilty pleasures of 2017.










[...]














2. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
~I had no doubt about my #2 and my #1. No songs were even close to this or to my #1. The order was the problem. They switched places many times in the process. But this is how it stands in the end. Anyway, about this song. I have never heard anything like it. Zayn and Sia sound absolutely marvelous together. The build up is the best of any song I have heard. I never thought anybody would sound good holding the vowel «e». This song is perfection at its best. This song is anything I ever hoped for. This song is magic, period. Its 800+ million views prove how much it is underrated.
1. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
~However, this song is still at #1. Why? This song and I have a very strong relationship. I have cheered for this song since its existence. This is a very, very good song. When I first heard it, I never would have put it at #1. But under the circumstances of it being on the brink of falling but still gaining, and the fact that I have listened to it 1000+ times with my opinion only improving. The song is just simple. Sometimes, with the chaos on the radio nowadays, I need to calm down and relax. Ang Lights Down Low does that perfectly. MAX's voice is fabulous. The guitar is amazing... What I love about this song is how simple it is, but how much it makes me happy when I listen to it.

Those were my top 45 songs of 2017! Tell me what you think in the comments section down below!


Thanks for viewing :)

4 comments:

  1. First, and I am wondering that if Lights Down Low could take the #1 spot at pop radio, that would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, imagine if it made #1 on pop radio a year after it first came out. ( =

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fun :)

      -Sasha

      Delete