Saturday, March 17

Week #11 (updated: blurbs+colours)

So I'm at the point where if I don't post on time, I don't post at all.

This week was fun! We had a bunch of activity, but not necessarily good. We had a strange exit and a #1 I completely forgot was anywhere. And a fantastic song debuted! But the exits were really, really bad. All in all, MANY very questionable events.


Anyway, the past two weeks of MWP:

Exits: Leave A Light On (#3); Say Something (#9)

10. Marshmallow/Anne-Marie - Friends (#8)

9. Welshly Arms - Legendary (#7)
8. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#6)
7. NF - Let You Down (#10)
6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (DEBUT)
5. Bigflo & Oli - Dommage (#4)
4. BTS/Steve Aoki - MIC Drop (#1)
3. Sultan/Sheppard/Nadia Ali/IRO - Almost Home (#5)
2. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy (#2)
1. Bad Wolves - Zombie (Top 10 DEBUT)

This week:

Exit: Friends (#10)

10. Kendrick Lamar/SZA - All The Stars (Top 10 DEBUT)

9. Bigflo & Oli - Dommage (#5)
8. Welshly Arms - Legendary (#9)
7. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#8)
6. Sultan et al. - Almost Home (#3)
5. 5 Seconds of Summer - Want You Back (#6)
4. NF - Let You Down (#7)
3. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy (#2)
2. BTS/Steve Aoki - MIC Drop (#4)
1. Bad Wolves - Zombie (#1)[2nd week]

Potential:
Too Many Friends; God's Plan; Love Lies; No Drama; King's Dead; We Are...; Trust Fund Baby

THE COUNTDOWN!!!

Exits:
Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#19)[?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!]
The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy (#39)[NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!]
Post Malone/21 Savage Rockstar (#41)[NOOOOOOOO!!!]
Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#45) :(


45. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#44)
44. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#43)
43. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#42)
42. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#36)
41. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#40)
40. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#38){JUST LEAVE!}
39. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#32)
38. Symon - Lonely Girl (#35)
37. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#36)
36. Ke$ha/Dap-Kings Horns - Woman (DEBUT)
35. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (#28)
34. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#33)
33. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something (#34)
32. Troye Sivan - My My My! (#24)
31. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#30)
30. Khalid - Young Dumb & Broke (DEBUT)[oh boy]
29. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#29)
28. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#8)[-20]
27. Marshmallow/Anne-Marie - Friends (DEBUT)[woo hoo]
26. Niall Horan - On The Loose (DEBUT)
25. Camila Cabello - Havana (#26)
24. Keala Settle - This Is Me (#27)
23. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/DFA - All Falls Down (#31)
22. Charlie Puth - How Long (#18)
21. Selena Gomez/Marshmallow - Wolves (#5)[whoa!]
20. 5SoS - Want You Back (#22)
19. Halsey - Bad At Love (#7)[whoa!]
18. Meghan Trainor - No Excuses (#20)
17. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#21)
16. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#11)
15. Bruno Mars/Cardi B - Finesse (#23)
14. Bebe Rexha/FGL - Meant To Be (#10)
13. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#12)
12. Maroon 5 - Wait (#15)
11. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#16)
10. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#25)[lol][+15]
9. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#14)[???????]
8. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (#13)
7. NF - Let You Down (#9)
6. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#17)
5. Macklemore/Ke$ha - Good Old Days (#3)
4. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#4)
3. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#1)
2. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#6)
1. Hailee Steinfield/Alesso/FGL/watt - Let Me Go (#2)[1st week at #1]

Biggest jump: Hold Me Tight Or Don't (+15)
Biggest drop: Thunder (-20)

Comments on "debuts":
I find This Is Me to be boring and I do not like Keala Settle's voice. I find this song strange on hits 1. I don't have much to say, but I don't really dig the style.

No Excuses is typical Meghan Trainor, I already talked about it and I don't have much to add. The song is repetitive and annoying, but the chorus has some catchy aspect to it. I never hear it on the radio, so I don't think it will be something big, but if it will be, I will probably grow out of it fast.

I don't like Ke$ha, period. But Praying was a heck of a song in the chorus. But Ke$ha does not have a good voice in my opinion. She has had one good song: Praying. All the other songs are vulgar, annoying, or just boring. I know Ke$ha has it in her, but Woman is not anywhere hear her best work.

Young Dumb & Broke was a hit in Montreal half a year ago. I'm not saying it is that bad. But it was an actual hit, played a lot. So I have grown out of it. It is a unique song and Khalid has a weird voice, but an interesting one. I really hope this one doesn't last long so I can keep it out of my bad books.

Friends has a fantastic pre-chorus and chorus, fantastic! Anne-Marie is absolutely marvelous and Marshmallow makes a nice harmony and beat. I have grown into the verses slightly, but at the bridge more often than not I change the channel because of that painful noise in the last chorus and the cringe lyrics. Anyway, a great, great song for half the time.

On The Loose is another OneDirection song. 50% of their songs sound almost identical. but this one takes everything down a notch, so it becomes easily tiring. Niall can do better, but honestly, Too Much To Ask will probably be his best in this style.

Hit-Bound
RIP Legendary, you will be missed. Lights over paris award, maybe, if I have time xp

Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
Dua Lipa - IDGAF
Rudimental etc. - These Days
Drake - God's Plan (DEBUT)
Thirty Seconds To Mars - Walk On Water
Taylor Swift - Delicate (DEBUT)
Halsey - Alone (DEBUT)
Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
Bazzi - Mine
Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
Alice Merton - No Roots
Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me
Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (DEBUT)
Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake A** Friends

~Sit Next To Me is different, IDGAF is a lot like New Rules, God's Plan is actually catchy, Delicate is Taylor Swift bad but so innocent, Alone is the new Halsey, Tell Me You Love Me is boring, Done For Me is a step down in production. There we go.

Top 5:
1. Walk On Water
2. God's Plan
3. No Roots
4. Live In The Moment
5. IDGAF

Young Dumb & Blurbs
I would never have expected Let Me Go to reach #1, but Hailee Steinfeld seems to please more than she should in my opinion. The drop is really bad. The only thing keeping me from putting this song in pink is the chorus.

One Foot is now at #2. I really hope that this can reach #1. This is actually doing well here although being a flop everywhere else. Although this will never do as well as Shut Up And Dance, it at least made a show for itself.

We has some changes in the top 10. First of all, Meant To Be left instead of many other bad songs but it doesn't disturb me actually since it has had its time. We have two major drops from Thunder and Wolves. They are both pretty old songs, and they were bound to drop at some point. Bad At Love should be gone by this point.

P!nk came back into the top 10 which you know I am definitely not happy about. Lauv seems to be pulling a Lights Down Low being only popular really late after its release. Hold Me Tight Or Don't jumping into the top 10 so unexpectedly made me smile :)

Well, at least Whatever It Takes didn't take forever to reach the top 10. I do not listen to this song anymore because I still want to like Imagine Dragons.

Let Me Down is a really big song right now, especially for me, where it is currently doing really well in 2018 and could potentially be in my top 5 for the year. A rap song managed to get into the top 10 and that is something special.

Never Be The Same is a really really bad song that should be nowhere near where it is. The only people who like this are fans who will not accept to hate it.

Justin Timberlake really cannot get anything big like he used to. Like The Chainsmokers. Say Something and Sick Boy are really good songs, but their other singles are really bad. You would think that such a good song like Say Something would be popular. This is unique.

Finally, the exits. Sick Boy was a fantastic song and will be remembered forever in my books. Rockstar has a shot at being in my top 10 of the year again. Post got spot on with this one. I have always enjoyed his voice. River was really underrated, although Eminem can be better, Ed Sheeran shined like Make It Rain. River has flaws but was fantastic. I grew into Miss You this week but it had to leave...

Throwback pick of the week: The Cranberries - Zombie
#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Bad Wolves - Zombie
Most missed countdown song: The Vamps - Wake Up

Top 5:
1. Want You Back
2. Let You Down
3. Pray For Me
4. Friends
5. Lights Down Low

Bottom 5:
1. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
2. Never Be The Same
3. Beautiful Trauma
4. Love So Soft
5. Good Old Days


THANKS FOR VIEWING!

3 comments:

  1. It's not Ke$ha, or as some call her Ke dollar sign ha any more, it's just Kesha. And the point of all her songs pre-Rainbow were meant to be the sort of club bangers that almost everyone loved, why else was Tik Tok the biggest song of 2010? That and she was basically forced to do those by her producer Dr. Luke, only to go from making club songs to songs that have a personal meaning, and Woman is a mix of both of those things. It's a mix of the sort of sleazyness from Animal and Warrior, with the finesse of funk production, compared to what some would argue is generic club-pop songs, and how she doesn't want a man to be holding her too tight. It's the type of female empowerment anthems that Meghan Trainor wishes she could do. Also, might I add that Kesha did not use auto-tune at all throughout her 3rd album, showing that she has good pipes, and Praying shows she can outsell even to my expectations and everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I didn't know that thanks

      I understand that Kesha has had a heck of a career with so many unique events and you can totally feel the emotion in Praying. I agree 100% with you on everything you said. And I respect her fully. But this is simply not my style. I understand how you love it, though and I understand how Kesha is loved, but I never liked that "generic club pop" style.

      Delete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Ben Platt/Lin-Manuel Miranda - Found/Tonight

    ReplyDelete