Monday, February 26

Week #8

MWP:
Exit:
Mike Shinoda - Over Again (#10) 
Troye Sivan - My My My! (#8)

10. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something (DEBUT)
9. NF - Let You Down (#7)
8. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#9)
7. Marshmallow/Anne-Marie - Friends (DEBUT)
6. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#6)
5. Welshly Arms - Legendary (#3)
4. Bigflo & Oli - Dommage (#5)
3. Tom Walker - Leave A Light On (#4)
2. BTS/Steve Aoki - MIC Drop (#1)
1. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy (#2)[2]

This week was particularly interesting, mainly because of our two debuts, but, really, the songs at the top need some work.

Exits:
Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#28)[???]

Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It (#41)

45. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#45)
44. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#44) [1 Week At #1]
43. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#42) [3 Weeks At #1]
42. Kesha – Praying (#39)
41. Louis Tomlinson – Miss You (#40)
40. Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar (#31)
39. P!nk – What About Us (#43) [1 Week At #1]
38. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#33) [5 Weeks At #1]
37. Symon – Lonely Girl (#36)
36. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (#34)
35. WOLVES – Animal (#30)
34. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#23) :(
33. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#37) [4 Weeks At #1]
32. Troye Sivan – My My My! (#35)
31. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton – Say Something (#38)
30. The Chainsmokers – Sick Boy (DEBUT) [!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
29. All Time Low – Last Young Renegade (#26)
28. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar – Pray For Me (DEBUT)
27. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#21)
26. Camila Cabello – Havana (#27) [1 Week At #1]
25. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game (#15) [1 Week At #1]
24. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#16)
23. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#24)
22. Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse (#14)
21. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#22) [3 Weeks At #1]
20. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#13)
19. AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up (#32)
18. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River (#29)
17. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#19)
16. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (#18)
15. Maroon 5 – Wait (#17)
14. G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I (#25)
13. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma (#11)
12. NF – Let You Down (#10)
11. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#12)
10. X Ambassadors – Ahead of Myself (#9)
 9. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves (#6)
 8. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#7)
 7. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#20)
 6. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#5) [2 Weeks At #1]
 5. Halsey – Bad At Love (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
 4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt – Let Me Go (#4)
 3. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#3) [5 Weeks At #1]
 2. Charlie Puth – How Long (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
 1. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#8) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest jump of the week: Sober Up; The Middle (+13)
Biggest drop of the week: New Rules (-11)

Comments on debuts:
Sick Boy is all the potential The Chainsmokers had all rolled up into one fantastic song. I already talked about this in an intro of a post. I will keep it short to deprive you guys of reading 25 lines of raving, but basically, the words are great, the build-up is FANTASTIC and the electro aspect is kepw down, but very expertly used. The song is catchy, meaningful, and makes you dance all in one. The Chainsmokers have made, easily, their best song in my opinion and it really sucks that this one is doing very, very badly.

Pray For Me is nowhere near the caliber of Starboy, but the production is still really unique and catchy. Kendrick Lamar is the best part of the song. He sounds marvelous and those words are disturbing. I really have a great experience listening to this song, and not many songs can give that to me. Although the song still has flaws, like repetition and some parts that are bland.

Hit-Bound
1. Welshly Arms - Legendary
2. Marshmallow/Anne-Marie - Friends (DEBUT)
3. Thirty Seconds To Mars - Walk On Water (DEBUT) ? ^^^
4. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
5. Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
6. Niall Horan - On The Loose
7. Khalid - Young Dumb & Broke
8. Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It
9. Bazzi - Mine (DEBUT)
10. Rudimental/Macklemore/Dan Caplen/Jess Glynne - These Days
11. Kesha/Dap-King Horns - Woman
12. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (DEBUT)
13. Keala Settle - This Is Me
14. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down

They Say That I Am The Sick Blurb
I mean, How Long at #1 was fun, but a bit late. Otherwise, we have had some really bad song at #1, and Good Old Days up there to represent this group of songs will definitely not encourage me to tune in to Hits 1 more often. I find this song really boring, and I do not like Macklemore singing meaningfully and slowly.

Nothing is happening in our top 10, except that big jump to #1. I like action, although this countdown is not really a concern to me anymore based on the quality of the music. I find less and less will to bring these posts out now.

The Middle did jump in the top 10 this week. I never hear it anywhere, and it really is not as bad of a song as many think.

I hope to see Let You Down back in the top 10. I really, really love that song, and it is one of the few, like Pray For Me, that make me wiser after every listen. The difference is, Let You Down is a beautiful song and powerful with absolutely no flaws.

I don't get the jump from Him & I and River, but I still love those songs and prefer them in the top 20 to Finesse, End Game, I Like Me Better, etc.

Sober Up's position at #19 will probably be its peak, sadly. Am I really the only person that remotely likes this song?

I really grew into Say Something. It really is unique and I enjoy listening to Chris Stapleton a lot.

We have atrocious music in the bottom third of the countdown that needs to leave before I am driven out of my mind. How long have Sam Smith, P!nk and Shawn Mendes been here!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Top 5:
1. Sick Boy
2. Pray For Me
3. Rockstar
4. Let You Down
T5. Say Something
T5. Lights Down Low

Bottom 5:
1. Beautiful Trauma
2. Too Good At Goodbyes
3. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
4. What About Us
5. Good Old Days

Throwback pick of the week: Tim McGraw - Live Like You Were Dying (definitely in my top 10 of all time)
Most missed countdown song: Nick Jonas - Bacon
#1 recommendation for Hits 1: BTS/Steve Aoki - MIC Drop (please!)

Thanks for viewing!

3 comments: