Thursday, February 1

Week #4


I am making my 10,000 pageview special a Q&A since I have no other ideas. The form creators are broken, so simply leave a comment then immediately delete it if you want nobody else to see it or just leave it there if you don't care. Either way, I will see it and will get back to you during the Q&A. I'll leave you guys until the 9th at 5:00 so I can work on it on Friday. Thanks!

MWP:
10. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (RE-ENTRY)
9. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (#7)
8. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#10)
7. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#1)
6. Logic/Rag'n'Bone Man - Broken People (#3)
5. Mike Shinoda - Over Again (DEBUT)
4. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (RE-ENTRY)
3. NF - Let You Down (#9)
2. Bigflo & Oli - Dommage (#2)
1. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy (#4) [1]

I don't get what Imagine Dragons are doing at #1. Hey, in my opinion Whatever It Takes is ancient. And the single released around this time last year is rolling along at #1. I can't take this. Although I loved this song before, it is really on the edge of my hate. Please leave the top spot for your own good. Music in general is awful nowadays. Like, when I can't pick between seven awful songs which one I should put orange, and I just stick em all in that colour because I literally cannot pick.

I apologize for the late post. Exam week :(

Exits:
Liam Payne – Bedroom Floor (#26)
Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#39) [9 Weeks At #1]
Harry Styles – Kiwi (#43)
Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do (#44)

45. The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn (#45)
44. P!nk – What About Us (#42) [1 Week At #1]
43. Charlie Puth – Attention (#41) [1 Week At #1]
42. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#20)[YES!!!!!]{thank you!}
41. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (#31)
40. Zayn/Sia – Dusk Till Dawn (#35)
39. Kesha – Praying (#36)
38. Wolves – Animal (DEBUT)
37. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#29) [1 Week At #1]
36. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#39) [3 Weeks At #1]
35. NF – Let You Down (DEBUT)
34. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma (DEBUT)
33. Liam Payne – Strip That Down (#37) [1 Week At #1]
32. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#32)
31. Symon – Lonely Girl (#34)
30. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (#16)
29. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#28) [5 Weeks At #1]
28. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (DEBUT)
27. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#30)
26. Justin Timberlake – Filthy (#23)
25. Louis Tomlinson – Miss You (#22)
24. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#18)
23. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River (#24)
22. Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask (#7)
21. Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse (#33)
20. Maroon 5 – Wait (#38)
19. G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I (#21)
18. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#25)
17. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#19)[how did i ever like this?]
16. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#14) [3 Weeks At #1]
15. Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar (#17)
14. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#10)
13. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#11)
12. X Ambassadors – Ahead Of Myself (#27)
11. Camila Cabello – Havana (#6) [1 Week At #1]
10. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#12)
  9. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt – Let Me Go (#8)
  8. Charlie Puth – How Long (#2)
  7. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves (#13)
  6. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#3)
  5. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game (#15)
  4. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#9)
  3. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#5) [2 Weeks At #1]
  2. Halsey – Bad At Love (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
  1. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#1) [5th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (2)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (–22)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Maroon 5 – Wait (+18)

Comments on debuts:
I love everything about Animal except the drop. I feel as if they opened up garage band, took out every instrument in the program, and had them all play the same notes at the same time. It really is a shame the drop had to be so bad to complement such a good song. Similar to Young & Menace.

Let's face it, rap music sucks. I don't have to convince many of you. But, now more than before, some really good rap songs are coming out. I feel like all this started with Congratulations and HUMBLE. for me. I really loved those two, and then I started looking into rap music. Some of it is fun, some meaningful, but most of it is trash, actually. But, as I said, songs like Let You Down come out once in a while to prevent me from saying that I hate rap. I feel like this really is one of those powerful rap songs. The last chorus is absolutely magnificent and the combination of his voice with the, uh (computer?) is great, and the verses are pretty catchy, too. I am really glad this could be one of the few rap songs that make in on here, and it is really popular everywhere else. I hope it can have success here.

I have real trouble making my bottom 5 with JT, Sam Smith, Kelly Clarkson & co, but adding more P!nk to the countdown will not help. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot stand her voice any longer. It really annoys me. Especially if she makes boring songs that she intends to use to showcase her "talent" like this. This is crazy! I thought P!nk was a good artist. If only she could have at least one good song on her album to make up for all this.

I have always loved Camila since she split. I actually didn't like Havana at first, but that changed big time. However, I don't get the hype for falsetto use. I don't like it. Nobody can do it well, except Zayn and Sia in Dusk Till Dawn, if you can even call it falsetto. Anyway, Never Be The Same is boring, repetitive, and annoying, like a bunch of other songs.

Hit-Bound
Sofi Tukker et al – Best Friend
Troye Sivan – My My My!
Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels – I Miss You

The Chainsmokers – Sick Boy
Portugal. The Man – Live In The Moment (DEBUT)
Post Malone – I Fall Apart (DEBUT)
All Time Low – Last Young Renegade
Wild Things – Don't Wanna Feel It (DEBUT)
Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (DEBUT)
Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down
AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up
Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes [WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???]
Kesha/The Dap-King Horns – Woman
Spencer – Whatever

~Live In The Moment is great, I have always loved the video. I Fall Apart reminds me of Rockstar, but Rockstar is much much better. Don't Wanna Feel It has less than 2000 views and deservedly so. I agree with Adrian on Zedd. He is getting lazy.

Top 5:
1. Sick Boy
2. My My My!
3. Whatever It Takes
4. Best Friend
5. Live In The Moment

I'm sorry that I let you blurb
Our top 5 is looking really bad, reminiscent of a while back. I can't believe I ever liked our top 3.

All the songs in green should actually be blue, and Wolves should be bad. The standards are just so low for me that I boosted them up a bit.

I laugh at Lights Down Low whenever I hear it now. 

I'm sad that Niall had to take a drop this week with Too Much To Ask. I really like that song, and so far it is definitely his best. He definitely shouldn't have sworn though since that ruined the atmosphere.

I feel that I like the explicit version of River better than the radio version. What I love about Eminem is how somebody can be so angry. I have never heard a voice so angry as Eminem. I feel for his loved ones who have to live with this. However, Ed Sheeran counterbalances the anger and the effect is what I love so much.

In case you didn't know, Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park released an EP a few weeks ago half a year after Chester's death to express his feelings. I feel that this brings all that sadness back, and Mikee did really really with these three songs. Check them out. My personal favourite is Over Again, although Place To STart seems popular too. Check them out!

I really don't have much to say this week for some reason. Except...












TOO GOOD AT GOODBYES FELL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM OF THE COUNTDOWN FROM THE TOP 20! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!! THANK YOU VOTERS!!!!!!!! HERE'S TO ITS HOPEFUL DEPARTURE NEXT WEEK!


Top 5:
1. Let You Down
2. Rockstar
3. River
4. Dusk Till Dawn
5. Lights Down Low

#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Mike Shinoda - Over Again
Most missed countdown song: Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
Throwback pick of the week: Linkin Park - In The End

Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment