Sunday, February 18

Week #7

Sorry about the delay. I am really busy nowadays. Colour coding back next week.

I feel that more and more good music is coming out, considering that it IS the tie of year that seems to be a dull point in music, at least in my opinion. A few weeks ago, I was listening to three or four songs only on youtube when I was doing work, but now I have tens of songs roaming around in my head that I love.

MWP:
Exits:
ZAYN/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (#5)
Logic/Rag'n'Bone Man - Broken People (#7)
MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#10)
 

10. Mike Shinoda - Over Again (#9)
9. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#8)
8. Troye Sivan - My My My! (DEBUT)
7. NF - Let You Down (#6)
6. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (DEBUT)
5. Bigflo & Oli - Dommage (#4)
4. Tom Walker - Leave A Light On (DEBUT)
3. Welshly Arms - Legendary (#3)
2. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy (#2)
1. BTS/Steve Aoki - MIC Drop (#1)[2]

Hits 1

Exits:

Justin Timberlake – Filthy (#28)[YES!!!!!]

The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn (#42)
Charlie Puth – Attention (#45) [1]

The Countdown
45. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#44)
44. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#43) [1]
43. P!NK – What About Us (#41) [1]
42. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#40) [1]
41. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (#39)
40. Louis Tomlinson – Miss You (#38)
39. Kesha – Praying (#37) 
38. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton – Say Something (DEBUT)
37. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#33) [4]
36. Symon – Lonely Girl (#35)
35. Troye Sivan – My My My! (DEBUT)
34. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (#36)
33. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#29) [5]^^^^^^^^
32. AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up (DEBUT)
31. Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar (#32)
30. WØLVES – Animal (#34)
29. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River (#24)
28. Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask (#31)
27. Camila Cabello – Havana (#30) [1]
26. All Time Low – Last Young Renegade (#25)
25. G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I (#22)
24. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#23)
23. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#26)
22. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#21) [3] ???
21. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#27)
20. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#16)
19. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#17)
18. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (#13)
17. Maroon 5 – Wait (#19)
16. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#11)
15. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game (#14) [1]
14. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. – Finesse (#20)
13. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#15)[oh boy]
12. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#12)
11. P!NK – Beautiful Trauma (#10) [GET OUT!]
10. NF – Let You Down (#18)
9. X Ambassadors – Ahead Of Myself (#8)
8. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#9)
7. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#6)
6. Selena Gomez & Marshmello – Wolves (#7)
5. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#4) [Spent 2 Weeks At #1]
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt – Let Me Go (#3)
3. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#2) [5]
2. Halsey – Bad At Love (#5) [2]
1. Charlie Puth – How Long (#1) [2nd]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You

Biggest Drop Of The Week: Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River; Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same, Lauv – I Like Me Better [–5]

Biggest Jump Of The Week: NF – Let You Down [+8] :)


Comments on debuts:
Last week had no debuts, so we have three to cover from this week.

I have slightly grown into Say Something, but I find it repetitive, but really unique. It reminds me of a song but I really have no clue which one. This is without question the best of the three songs JT recently released. I can understand the praise, but I am not too much of a fan.

I loved Youth, and now My My My! is the next big one from Troye Sivan. It took me some time to grow into this one. I really love the build up, and the chorus is great. Troye Sivan is really a cool artist and I look forward to seeing this one rise.

I have nothing against AJR and that opinion is apparently unpopular. But I like the words to Sober Up and it is catchy. The production is nice and I will continue to enjoy it no matter how much you guys destroy this song.

Hit-Bound
Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
Welshly Arms - Legendary
Niall Horan - On The Loose (DEBUT)
Khalid - Young Dumb And Broke
Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It
The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (DEBUT)
Spencer - Whatever
Keala Settle/Greatest Showman - This Is Me
Post Malone - I Fall Apart
Rudimental/Macklemore/Jess Glynne/Dan Caplen - These Days (DEBUT)
Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
  
~I didn't know half of these songs when I saw this list, so I spent quite of time listening to them.

~On The Loose is better than Slow Hands, but not much of a grower. Young Dumb And Broke already had a run on the radio. I used to like it but it got repetitive and Khalid's voice is bad in my opinion.

~Pray For Me is absolutely fantastic. I love the production and the vocals, especially Kendrick's verse. Those are some good words. One of my local stations cut out the verse and the song is like two minutes long. So I am glad that Hits 1 kept this exceptional rapping and I hope that this song can do well.

~This Is Me on Hit-Bound makes no sense. The song itself is anoying in some parts but cool at others. It really sounds like a movie song. These Days is an okay song. I don't really have much to say about it.

~Best Friend is gone sadly, but Sick Boy will be back next week.

I blurb every night with you
Not much happened this week. However, FIlthy gone is fantastic, Hot Damn was never important, and Attention stuck with me as the last good song to be at #1 for many, many weeks in 2017-18.

How on Earth is Shawn Mendes still here? I mean, come on. How this song was overhyped, I don't know. It really is atrociously repetitive and I really don't get the appeal. I never ever hear it anymore. It should have been gone a long time ago.

When I heard that River had the biggest drop I freaked out, but I calmed down after realizing that it dropped only five spots. That isn't really worthy of such a title, is it?

There were also two songs that shared the biggest drop which really wasn't big. They both are bad and deserve the title, but then again, five spots isn't anything.

Let You Down in the top 10 is marvelous. Keep pushing!

Lights Down low actually hit a peak this week. I still adore this song, and the fact that it is still gaining is astonishing.

Really nothing happened this week.

Throwback pick of the week: Timbaland/OneRepublic - Apologize
Most missed countdown song: Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Tom Walker - Leave A Light On (what a song!)

Top 5:
1. Let You Down
2. My My My!
3. Rockstar
4. Lights Down Low
5. Believer

Bottom 5:
1. Beautiful Trauma
2. Too Good At Goodbyes
3. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
4. What About Us
5. Finesse

Top 3 Hit-Bound:
1. Legendary
2. Pray For Me
3. Whatever It Takes

Bottom 5 Hit-Bound:
1. All Falls Down
2. Young Dumb And Broke
3. Don't Wanna Feel It

Thanks for viewing!

1 comment:

  1. First! I know that On the Loose has a few spins, so it might debut the countdown this week.

    ReplyDelete