Monday, July 31

Imagine Dragons (1) - Week #30

The only window of opportunity I have to blog is from about 5:30-7 p.m. if dinner is late, since I «have to enjoy the day» and so on. So my next posts will be delayed 99% until the start of the school year. I apologize for that.

Exits:
Jon Bellion - Overwhelming (#34)
Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life (#40)

#1 song last week: Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3)
45. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#33)
44. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#45)
43. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#44) [3 Weeks At #1]
42. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#43)
41. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#42) [4 Weeks At #1]
40. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#41)
39. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (#28)
38. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#38)
37. Linkin Park - One More Light (DEBUT)
36. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club (#36)
35. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#39)
34. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (DEBUT)
33. Train - Play That Song (#29)
32. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#27) [8 Weeks At #1]
31. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#31)
30. Bruno Mars vs. David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (#30)
29. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#26)
28. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#32)
27. Julia Michaels - Issues (#24)
26. Childish Gambino - Redbone (#25)
25. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#20)
24. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#17) [1 Week At #1]
23. AJR - Weak (#14)
22. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#8)
21. All Time Low - Good Times (#37)
20. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#21) [1 Week At #1]
19. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#35)
18. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#23)
17. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#22)
16. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry - Feels (#19)
15. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#18)
14. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#7)
13. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#17)
12. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#15)
11. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#12) [9 Weeks At #1]
10. Halsey - Now Or Never (#13)
9. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#6)
8. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#5) [3 Weeks At #1]
7. Charlie Puth - Attention (#10)
6. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#3) [4 Weeks At #1]
5. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#10)
4. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#9)
3. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#4) [3 Weeks At #1]
2. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
1. Imagine Dragons - Believer [1st Week At #1]

#1 song this week one year ago: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling (6/10)

Biggest Drop Of The Week: Kygo featuring Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (-14)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: All Time Low - Good Times; Fall Out Boy - Champion (+16)
 
Comments on debuts:
It is with great guilt that I put this is red. I would have much preferred Battle Symphony or Talking To Myself as the next Linkin Park song, as One More Light is a rather boring one. The lyrics contrast with the situation in hand, but they are nonetheless good. However, the song drags on, and I can't find a steady beat in it.

The second debut is currently my favourite song out of them all. Back To You is so freaking catchy! Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha kill in their verses, and Digital Farm Animals makes the song so much fun to listen to. I'm glad that this song debuted so fast, and I hope that it can make an impact on radio.

Hit-Bound

10. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
  13. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts  
9. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh  
8. Andy Grammer - Give Love  
3. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl  
4. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious  
7. Imagine Dragons - Thunder  
2. Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me  
6. Bebe Rexha - The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)  
12.Paramore - Hard Times  
11. The Chainsmokers - Honest  
5. Kesha - Praying  
14. Zedd/Liam Payne - Get Low (DEBUT)
1. All-American Rejects - Sweat
 
Who cares if one more blurb goes out
At #1, after half a year's wait, we have Imagine Dragons - Believer. When I first heard this song on Alt Nation, I was sure that is wouldn't make an impact on Hits 1 because it was much too alternative. I have yet to hear it on my local radio if you can believe it. I am still thrilled that it squeezed in a week at #1 in its tenure.
 
There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back seems to be a blogging favourite. It is still mediocre in my opinion, and I will rejoice when it finally leaves the top 5.
 
We have two top 5 entrants. Slow Hands is still good, but not as good as when I first heard it. Body Like A Back Road is getting worse every time I hear it, and if it hits #1 I will scream.
 
Now Or Never is, indeed, very popular, but it definitely not Top 10-worthy in my opinion. Halsey has done better.
 
It Ain't Me should have lasted a bit longer. Peaking at #4 is not that good for a Selena Gomez song. I hope that if Fetish gets on here it could do a better job, as it is already popular on my local radio.

It seems that every debut from last week made a massive jump except Wild Thoughts. That is exactly what I hoped for.
 
I expected a larger jump from Heavy, but in the top 20 is okay. That's What I Like is jumping in and out and I don't care.

It's a miracle that Lights Down Low is lasting so long in the #25-30 section considering its age.

I was extremely surprised when I heard Spyder Harrison announce the #45 song to kick off the countdown, but I am not disappointed.

I was not surprised, however, when I heard Good Time Good Life and Overwhelming as the exits. They were popular nowhere else and were both awful songs, and I will certainly not remember them in a year or two.

Top 20 score: 55% okay

Top 5:
1. Back To You
2. Sooner Or Later
3. Champion
4. Lights Down Low
5. Despacito

Bottom 5:
1. Wild Thoughts
2. I'm The One
3. Play That Song
4. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
5. Bad Liar

Most missed countdown song: Kongos - Come With Me Now
Throwback pick of the week: Massari - Be Easy
#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes

Thanks for viewing!

10 comments: