Saturday, August 5

Imagine Dragons (2) - Week #31

So Despacito has reached 3 billion views, the first song to do so. It was expected, but I am not disappointed! I still love that song, and it is still at #1 on the billboard, so it will keep on growing!

Exits:
Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#35)

45. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#43)
44. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#38)
43. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (#39)
42. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#44)
41. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#45)
40. Hailee Steinfield & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#41)
39. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#40)
38. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club (#36)
37. AJR - Weak (#23)[-14]
36. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#32)
35. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh (DEBUT)
34. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#20)[-14]
33. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#15)[-18]
32. Train - Play That Song (#33)
31. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#31)
30. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#42)[+12]^^^^^^^^^^^^^
29. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#29)
28. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#24)
27. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#17)[-10]
26. Julia Michaels - Issues (#27)
25. Bruno Mars vs. David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (#30)
24. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#25)
23. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#22)
22. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#34)[+12]
21. Childish Gambino - Redbone (#26)
20. All Time Low - Good Times (#21)
19. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#28)
18. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#19)
17. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#18)
16. Linkin Park - One More Light (#37)[+21]
15. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#12)
14. Hailee Steinfield - Most Girls (#13)
13. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#3)[-10]
12. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry - Feels (#16)
11. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#14)
10. Charlie Puth - Attention (#7)
9. Halsey - Now Or Never (#10)
8. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#9)
7. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#11)
6. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#6)
5. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#5)
4. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#4)
3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#7)
2. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#2)
1. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#1)[2nd week @ #1]

#1 song this week one year ago: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (7/10) Biggest jump!!! of the week: Linkin Park - One More Light (+21)
Biggest drop!!! of the week: Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (-18)

Comments on debut:
Uh Huh is my guilty pleasure of the year by a landslide. I have absolutely no idea why I like it. I can't say anything at all except I like it. Similar to Redbone, I couldn't formulate an opinion because the song confused me. I guess what I can say is that the verses are catchy, but that's all, really.

Hit-Bound
1. All-American Rejects - Sweat
2. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
3. Kesha - Praying
4. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
5. Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
6. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
7. Bebe Rexha - The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)
8. Andy Grammer - Give Love
9. Rita Ora - Your Song (DEBUT)
10. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
11. Paramore - Hard Times
12. The Chainsmokers - Honest
13. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
14. Zedd/Liam Payne - Get Low

During the second session, Hits 1 played The Revivalists - Wish I knew You (to be placed next week) and got rid of Paramore - Hard Times.

But I know it's by blurbs going in for the kill
I'm going backwards this time, since I am looking up the countdown on the website. I want to be on time this week!

HandClap finally left the countdown 498 days after its release. I love that song about 100 days after its release. This goes to show that Hits 1 is late with every song except OneDirection, Fall Out Boy and 5SOS.

I actually hoped Sooner Or Later would just leave than die a slow and painful death. Same goes with Lights Down Low, Stay Together and Crying In The Club. You guys made this year better but Hits 1 doesn't think that.

We had three big drops this week. Bad Liar and Weak falling out of the top 30 made me rejoice. That's What I Like spent enough time up there and is no longer popular.

The last time I heard Closer on the radio was in June. It should be long gone.

DJ Khaled jumped up a combined value of 21 spots with his two awful songs. These songs aren't Hits 1 songs. They shouldn't be popular.

However, Linkin Park managed to jump 21 spots with a single song, One More Light. I explained my position on this song last week, but I expected a big jump anyway.

I also expect Back To You to jump quite a bit, since it is Louis Tomlinson! And it did, thank goodness, and by twelve spots! Hopefully it can make it into the top 5 like all other OneDirection songs except Sign Of The Times.

I was actually really happy when I saw that Castle On The Hill fell 10 spots.

Shape Of You will never get old for me.

How is The Cure this popular? It had its run already.

Selena Gomez had the biggest drop of the week two times in a row with both her songs. Is that a sign that Fetish will come her soon?



There are three purples for these reasons:
i. Sooner Or Later was extremely underrated;
ii. Back To You is an exceptionally catchy song;
iii. Champion is technically purple, being the highest on My Weekly Preferences.

Top 20 score: 53% okay

Top 5:
1. Champion
1. Back To You
1. Sooner Or Later
4. Lights Down Low
5. Despacito

Bottom 5:
1. Wild Thoughts
2. I'm The One
3. Bad Liar
4. Strip That Down
5. Weak

Most missed countdown song: Disclosure/Lorde - Magnets
Throwback pick of the week: Linkin Park - In The End
#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Alan Walker/Gavin James - Tired

Thanks for viewing!

5 comments:

  1. Aside from DJ Khaled, I didn't mind this week. Sign Of The Times didn't drop, Shape Of You didn't die yet, and Believer is still staying strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Phillip Phillips - Miles

    ReplyDelete