Sunday, August 27

Charlie Puth (1) - Week #34

Sorry for the delay. We have a new car and I had no time to transfer Sirius XM to that car. :( Also, I start school in a day, so yesterday I had to prepare. Also, my Russian school starts in two weeks, so this blog will most likely come out on Sunday every day from now on. Sorry for that. It really sucked that I didn't have time to do the blurbs last week because I had a lot to say. No matter. I will say it this week.

Exits:
Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#43)
Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (#45)

#1 song this week one year ago: Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (1/1)
#1 song last week: Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (4)


45. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#44)
44. Julia Michaels - Issues (#39)
43. Childish Gambino - Redbone (#36)
42. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#42) [4]
41. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#41)
40. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#35)
39. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#40) [8]
38. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#22)
37. Train - Play That Song (#37)
36. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (DEBUT)
35. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#31)
34. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#34)
33. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (DEBUT)
32. Halsey - Now Or Never (#28)
31. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh (#25)  
30. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#32)
29. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#30) 
28. Hey Violet - Hoodie (#37)
27. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#27)
26. AJR - Weak (#29)
25. The Chainsmokers - Honest (#19)
24. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#15)
23. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#23)
22. P!NK - What About Us (#33)
21. Luis Fonsi featuring Justin Bieber and Daddy Yankee - Despacito (#8)[???????????????????]
20. Kesha - Praying (#23)
19. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#19)
18. Bruno Mars vs. David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (#24)
17. All Time Low - Good Times (#18)
16. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry - Feels (#17)
15. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#16)
14. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#13)
13. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#7) [9]
12. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#27)
11. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#12)
10. Zedd featuring Alessia Cara - Stay (#6) [4]
9. Linkin Park - One More Light (#10)
8. The Chainsmokers featuring Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#11) [3]
7. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#2)
6. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#14)
5. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#3)
4. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#9)
3. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#1) [4]
2. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#4) [3]
1. Charlie Puth - Attention (#5) [1st week at #1]

Biggest Drop Of The Week: Lady Gaga - The Cure (-16)
Biggest Jump Of The Week: Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (+15)

Comments on debuts:
One of our two somewhat old debuts is Glorious. The only reason that I still love this song is because of Skylar Grey. The chorus sounds fantastic! Skylar Grey sure can sing high and is one of the few people who according to me can. As for Macklemore, Thrift Shop and Can't Hold Us were much better. I loved Macklemore in those songs because it was funny how fast he can sing. In Glorious he sings rather slow, so his parts are all boring. Although you have got to love the video.

I was 90% sure that Thunder would leave Hit-Bound. I haven't heard it in so long and it isn't popular anywhere else. The chorus is a little bit annoying now, but the verses are still catchy. I did review this a couple of times so I will leave it at that.

Hit-Bound


1. All-American Rejects - Sweat
2. Sabrina Carpenter - Why
3. Selena Gomez - Fetish
4. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises
5. Halsey - Bad At Love
6. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
7. The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You
8. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
9. Andy Grammer - Give Love
10. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
11. Justin Bieber/Bloodpop® - Friends (DEBUT)
12. Rita Ora - Your Song
13. PrettyMuch - Would You Mind (DEBUT)
14. Zedd/Liam Payne - Get Low


I was born for blurbs, born for blurbs, it's who I am, I couldn't forget
When I first heard Attention, I did not expect it to reach #1. However, I was not that surprised now since Charlie Puth hosted the countdown last week. I still like this song and it can stay at #1 for as long as it takes for Shawn Mendes to leave the top 10.

However, I would much rather have Believer at #1 than Attention since Believer is a fantastic alternative song and is (finally) popular on my local radio.

So Castle On The Hill replaces Shape Of You in the top 10. At this point I would prefer Shape Of You in the top 10.

The biggest jump and drop were boring this week and nothing unexpected.

It is no surprise for me to see Despacito out of the top 20 again. I have only heard it once on Hits 1 since it came out and I am surprised that a latin song got so far on Hits 1.

P!nk made a large jump from her debut spot of #33. Hopefully this can make the top 10 and maybe even squeeze in a week at #1 if it rises fast enough before Taylor Swift takes over.

It really is a surprise to see Hoodie jumping nine spots. I would never have predicted that this would have debuted ad made an impact so quickly. It doesn't even have a million views on youtube!

As for our exits, both of them were flops. Stay Together was much better than Malibu but I will probably forget both in about a year.

Top 20 score: 51%

Throwback pick of the week: Mariah Carey/Boys II Men - One Sweet Day (1995)
Most missed countdown song: OneRepublic - Counting Stars
#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Axwell^Ingrosso - More Than You Know

Top 5:
1. Hoodie
2. Lights Down Low
3. Back To You
4. Champion
5. Glorious

Bottom 5:
1. Wild Thoughts
2. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
3. Play That Song
4. Bad Liar
5. I'm The One

Thanks for viewing!

7 comments:

  1. You forgot Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do on HitBound.

    Good post btw :) and I didn't expect Attention to smack #1 either but once it got in the Top 10, I was like, "It's hitting #1 for sure."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hear Taylor Swift on Hit-Bound when it played...

      Delete
    2. I heard it when I got back from the beach on Venus.

      Delete
    3. We weren't talking about Venus, we are talking about Hits 1.

      Delete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Miley Cyrus - Younger Now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow Hands at #1 this week :)

    ReplyDelete