Saturday, September 2

NIall Horan (1) - Week #35

This week was fun! We have two extremely high debuts, an excellent exit, and plenty of activity on the countdown. Evaride hosted Hit-Bound because of their new song which nobody cares about. More in the blurbs.

Exits:
James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#29)
DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#41)
Hailee Steinfield & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#42)
Childish Gambino - Redbone (#43)

#1 song this week one year ago: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (10/10)
#1 song last week:  Charlie Puth - Attention (1)

45. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#40)
44. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#45)
43. Julia Michaels - Issues (#44)
42. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#34) [1]
41. Train - Play That Song (#37)

40. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#30)
39. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#38)
38. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#39) [8]
37. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#27)

36. Halsey - Now Or Never (#32)
35. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#35)

34. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (DEBUT)
33. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh (#31)
32. Luis Fonsi/Justin Bieber/Daddy Yankee - Despacito (#21)
31. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (DEBUT)

30. Bruno Mars vs. David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (#18)
29. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#11)

28. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#23)
27. AJR - Weak (#26)
26. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#33)
25. Hey Violet - Hoodie (#28)

24. The Chainsmokers - Honest (#25)
23. Kesha - Praying (#20)
22. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry - Feels (#16)
21. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#13) [9]
20. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#36)
19. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#19)
18. Mono Mind/Bridge And Mountain - Save Me A Place (DEBUT)
17. P!NK - What About Us (#22)
16. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#15)

15. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#24)
14. All Time Low - Good Times (#17)
13. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (DEBUT)
12. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#14)
11. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#12)

10. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#6) [3]
9. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#8) [3]
8. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#2) [3]
7. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#10) [4]
6. Charlie Puth - Attention (#1) [1]

5. Linkin Park - One More Light (#9)
4. Shawn Menes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#3) [4]
3. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#4)
2. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#5)
1. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#7)[1st week at #1]


Biggest jump of the week: Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (+16)
Biggest drop of the week: Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (-18)

Comments on debuts:
Our first debut out of four is No Promises. I loves this song when I first heard it. I still do, mind you. Cheat Codes has a cool voice and the drop is really cool. But Demi Lovato is annoying in her verse, so that's a minus. I can't really say anything else.

I mentioned on my other blog when I talked about Ed Sheeran's album a bit that Galway Girl was the only good song on Divide other than Shape Of You and Castle On The Hill. Every aspect of this song is fun except the fake fiddle, which became annoying really fast. This is not a typical Ed Sheeran song, but for now this worked fine.

When I first heard Save Me A Place on Hits 1, I would never, ever have predicted that it would debut this high. This is easily the strangest pick Hits 1 has taken all year. No, this is easily the strangest song I have heard all year. This song is so disorganized, I have no clue what is happening at all. The song left me so confused at the end. I grew into the chorus after few listens, but don't expect it to last long.

And now, the song tha everybody is talking about. Taylor Swift is back, after 1989. In my opinion, Taylor Swift has made awful song after awful song until New Romantics, which I loved for a few months. Sadly, every single song she released off of 1989 hit #1 on Hits 1 except Out Of The Woods, which, you can guess, made me infuriated even more. I will not be surprised when this hits #1 too. I find Taylor Swift's voice extremely annoying. In her country songs she at least sounds fine, but whe she turned to pop her voice never matched the production. Now, looking at Look What You Made Me Do, this is no different. Taylor Swift's voice does not match the production. When I first heard this song on the radio the chorus was playing, and I literally wanted to throw myself out of the window. When I listened to it after (I was forced) my opinion changed. This song is a MASSIVE step up from all her other work. MASSIVE!!! Why? Now, let's take the song step by step, as I normally do with important songs. The starting music is pretty cool. The song starts with the first verse, obviously, which does not sound bad, actually. The lyrics are almost as bad as Hey Violet, however. But the beat is catchy. Thankfully, this doesn't last long. Then, there is the awesome pre-chorus! This is the first time I heard Taylor Swift's voice actually sound good! The production is fantastic! However, I would have preferred if it lasted longer. The chorus ruins everything and is one of the worst choruses I have heard all year. It is extremely repetitive and annoying, and it doesn't help having snakes biting their tails in the audio or watching that disastrous video. I have to cut now since my cousins are coming over and I have little time. :p

Hit-Bound:
1. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
2. All-American Rejects - Sweat
3. Selena Gomez - Fetish
4. Sabrina Carpenter - Why
5. Halsey - Bad At Love
6. The Revivalists - WIsh I Knew You
7. Andy Grammer - Give Love
8. Evaride - Heartless (DEBUT)
9. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
10. RIta Ora - Your Song
11. Justin Bieber/Bloodpop® - Friends
12. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (DEBUT)
13. Zedd/Liam Payne - Get Low
14. PRETTYMUCH - Would You Mind

~I mentioned, my cousins are coming over, I can't do blurbs. Sucks that it always happens when there is activity on the countdown.

Top 5:
1. Lights Down Low
2. Hoodie
3. Champion
4. Back To You
5. Just Hold On

Bottom 5:
1. Wild Thoughts
2. Play That Song
3. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
4. Bad Liar
5. One More Light

Throwback pick of the week: Zedd/Foxes - Clarity
Most missed countdown song: Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Thirty Seconds To Mars - Walk On Water

Thanks for viewing! My aunt is calling me right now... I wasted time on Taylor Swift...

6 comments: