Sunday, September 24

Niall Horan (3) - Week #38

***NOTE: COLOUR-CODING TO BE FINISHED SOON***


By the time that Pulse has accepted my account (@malashenko, btw) and we still have a truck load of trash from young boys at the top I swear I will abandon this blog until we get a half-decent song at #1. The beginning of autumn has started off with a wonderful presentation of new songs, but sadly none of them can get anywhere near the top 10. Anyway, this week had a bunch of big drops but the biggest jump of the week was only +9. We also had a good selection of exits which, coincidentally, were the bottom 4 songs last week. Anyway, more on the countdown in the blurbs.

 Exits:
Julia Michaels - Issues (#42)
The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#43)
AJR - Weak (#44)
Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry - Feels (#45)

#1 song this week one year ago: The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (3)
#1 song last week: Niall Horan - Slow Hands (2)

45. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#36)
44. The Chainsmokers - Honest (#31)
43. All Time Low - Good Times (#32)
42. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#33)
41. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#40)
40. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#41)
39. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#39)
38. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts (#26)
37. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#35)
36. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#30)
35. Hey Violet - Hoodie (#23)
34. All-American Rejects - Sweat (#38)
33. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#37)
32. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (DEBUT)
31. Justin Bieber/BloodPop® - Friends (#27)
30. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#34)
29. Zedd/Liam Payne - Get Low (DEBUT)
28. The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You (DEBUT)
27. Bruno Mars vs. David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (#29)
26. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#19)
25. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#20)
24. Linkin Park - One More Light (#24)
23. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (DEBUT)
22. Halsey - Bad At Love (#25)
21. Andy Grammer - Give Love (#28)
20. Luis Fonsi/Justin Bieber/Daddy Yankee - Despacito (#21)
19. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#8) 
18. Charlie Puth - Attention (#13)
17. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#16)
16. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#17)
15. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#14)
14. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#15)
13. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#22)
12. Mono Mind - Save Me A Place (#10)
11. P!nk - What About Us (#18)
10. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#12)
9. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#9)
8. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#7)
7. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#3)
6. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#6)
5. Kesha - Praying (#11)
4. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#4)
3. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#5)
2. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#2)
1. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#1)[3rd week]

Biggest jump of the week: Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (+9)
Biggest drop of the week: The Chainsmokers - Honest (-13)

Comments on debuts:
I honestly feel like the only person who cannot stand Kelly Clarkson's voice. Every single song I know from her will probaly end up in my bottom 50 or 100 songs of all time, including PBP, S(WDKY), and HS in my bottom 6 of all time. Put it this way: if you play Wild Thoughts 100 times in a row, I will hate you less that if you play S(WDKY) for 30 seconds. I cannot stand her voice. In this song, her voice is just as awful and makes me cringe so much when I listen to it. However, this time she thinks that she can rap also, which makes the little respect I have for Kelly Clarkson plummet. I know very few people that can rap well, and Kelly Clarkson is definitely not one of them. And there is also the issue with the lyrics. I am taking too long here, so I will say what I wanted to say: this song, nonetheless, is a massive, MASSIVE step up from all her other work and is EASILY her best song. But it is orange. And that tells you something.

Ok, on to the next debut. Get Low really is a weird song that I can never understand and confuses me. The chorus is extremely repetitive and annoying. Liam Payne makes another disaster in his vocal performance.

I remember having Wish I Knew You on my top 30 on paper way back in 2015. I had it there for I think two or three weeks. I liked the 60s feel and I really like his voice. The song has one of the largest throwback feels of modern music.

Sam Smith's voice was good in Latch and Stay With Me. Me first reaction was, Hey! He sounds like Adele, but a guy! Then he had I'm Not The Only One, which was fantastic. Lay Me Down and Like I Can proved to me that this guy's voice was a one-time deal, and thankfully he did not come back until now. In Too Good At Goodbyes, his voice again becomes super annoying and it sounds as if he is whining throughout the whole song and I cannot stand it.

Hit-Bound
1. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
3. Lauv - I Like Me Better (DEBUT)
4. Selena Gomez - Fetish
5. Dua Lipa - New Rules
6. Sabrina Carpenter - Why
7. Hailee Steinfield/Alesso/FGL/Watt - Let Me Go
8. The Script - Rain
9. Evaride - Heartless
10. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
11. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (DEBUT)
12. Why Don't We - Something Different
13. PrettyMuch - Would You Mind
14. Fergie/Nicki MInaj - You Already Know (DEBUT)

Blurbs So Soft
I mentioned before, any more or this trash at #1,2,3,4[yes, the fake fiddle DX],7,9 at #1 when my Pulse account gets accepted and I am gone until we get quality music at the top. I am so sick and tired of generic beats and repetitive nonsense in teenagers' songs on Hits 1. Where are songs like Dusk Till Dawn and Fetish, which are actually good songs by young people? Stuck on Hit-Bound for months, or flopping like Back To You. Hopefully Praying can hit a few weeks at the top spot.

With the trash in the top 10, I wouldn't expect much better from #11-20. But we have nine masterpieces just waiting to crack the top 10. Hopefully one of these can make an impact (preferably Feel It Still).

It took until #34, Sweat, to get a jump on the countdown. How about I talk about some of these drops?

Champion and Hoodie are still fantastic and I would have loved if they had done better, especially the former considering that it is from Fall Out Boy. Hopefully Last Of The Real Ones can be the one to make the breakthrough.

Good Times did much better than I expected, and I will be missed.

Honest and Two Ghosts dropping made my day. Most Girls dropping made my weekend.
 
And if we have a look at the exits, all of them deserved to go except Feels. Issues was a boring speech from an annoying songwriter, Weak was another anoying speech, but this time from an extremely annoying group that has made a total of one good song, I'm Not Famous. Feels was extremely underrated and will definitely make my year-end list for its catchiness.
 
And finally... Closer is FINALLY off the countdown after weeks and weeks and weeks of overplay and constant praise form everybody I know, this repetitive, unnecessary, annoying «song» that completely destroyed both «artists»' reputation for me. Thank you for all the people who did not vote for Closer this week!
 
Top 5:
1. Feel It Still
2. Lights Down Low
3. Save Me A Place
4. Champion
5. Back To You

Bottom 5:
1. Love So Soft
2. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
3. Strip That Down
4. Slow Hands
5. Look What You Made Me Do

#1 recommendation: Alan Walker - Spectre
Most missed countdowns song: P!nk - Try
Throwback pick of the week: Britney Spears - Toxic

Thanks for viewing!

10 comments:

  1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Post Malone/21 Savage - rockstar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about a big fat NO! Hits 1 will never air rockstar and even if they did, I'm not going to be fond of it, and neither will Adrian.

      And are me & Miles the only two people on here who actually find Kelly Clarkson to be amazing?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Montavis: Have you not seen Miles' posts in the Love So Soft thread on Pulse? Okay then.

      I love it though.

      Delete
    4. Rockstar is fantastic although it will never be on Hits 1. You are definitely not the only fans of Kelly Clarkson ^^^^^
      What did Miles say?

      Delete
    5. .: I wasn't talking about Love So Soft. Our opinions are different on that song. I was actually talking about Kelly Clarkson in general, who we both find to be amazing.

      Delete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Tim Myers - Lover My Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasha, why are you finishing up your color-code?

    ReplyDelete