Tuesday, April 3

Week #13

Sorry about this late post. I had a bunch of things to do on the weekend, but I now have this whole next week off and boy am I going to cherish it :) The countdown this week has three marvelous debuts. But as always, there are things to be improved. But this week was still really good.

MWP:
Exits: Too Many Friends (#7); Friends (#8); Almost Home (#9)

10. BTS/Steve Aoki - MIC Drop (#2)[3]
9. Bigflo & Oli - Dommage (#10)
8. Echosmith - Over My Head (DEBUT)
7. Zayde Wolf - Army (DEBUT)
6. 5SOS - Want You Back (#6)
5. NF - Let You Down (#4)
4. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#5)
3. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy (#3)[2]
2. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (DEBUT)
1. Bad Wolves - Zombie (#1)[4th week at #1]
 
 
Exits:
Imagine Dragons – Believer (#36) [3 Weeks At #1]
Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#43) [3 Weeks At #1]
Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#44) [1 Week At #1]
Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#45) [4 Weeks At #1]


45. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#42)
44. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#41)
43. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game (#38) [1 Week At #1]
42. Keala Settle/The Greatest Showman Ensemble – This Is Me (#31)
41. AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up (#39)
40. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down (#25)
39. Symon – Lonely Girl (#40)
38. Panic! At The Disco – Say Amen (Saturday Night) (DEBUT)
37. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#37)
36. Khalid – Young, Dumb, and Broke (#17)
35. Charlie Puth – How Long (#26) [2 Weeks At #1]
34. Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me (DEBUT)
33. Bazzi – Mine (DEBUT)
32. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood (#32)
31. Camila Cabello – Havana (#27) [1 Week At #1]
30. Noah Kahan/Julia Michaels – Hurt Somebody (#34)
29. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves (#21)
28. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton – Say Something (#28)
27. Taylor Swift – Delicate (#29)
26. Bad Wolves – Zombie (DEBUT)
25. Charlie Puth/Kehlani – Done For Me (#35)
24. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#16) [5 Weeks At #1]
23. Halsey – Bad At Love (#19) [2 Weeks At #1]
22. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma (#24)
21. Marshmello/Anne-Marie – Friends (#30)
20. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#9) [1 Week At #1]
19. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#12)
18. NF – Let You Down (#7)
17. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#20)
16. Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse (#23)
15. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns – Woman (#33)
14. 5 Seconds of Summer – Want You Back (#14)
13. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (#11)
12. Niall Horan – On The Loose (#22)
11. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar – Pray For Me (#15)
10. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
  9. Meghan Trainor – No Excuses (#18)
  8. Maroon 5 – Wait (#6)
  7. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#13)
  6. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#10)
  5. G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I (#5)
  4. Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes (#8)
  3. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt – Let Me Go (#3) [1 Week At #1]
  2. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#2)
  1. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#1) [4th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You [8]

Biggest Drop Of The Week: Young Dumb & Broke (–19)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Woman (+18)

 
Comments on debuts:
I wish to go out of order this week. So I will start with Mine. This song is extremely short, but I have nothing against it. I understand the appeal, but this is just not my style. I don't enjoy his voice. I don't feel like I will ever have anything against this.
 
Demi Lovato is not in my good books presently. I came into Tell Me You Love Me expecting something but getting something completely different. I didn't like it at first, but now I adore the build-up and the chorus is fantastic. Demi Lovato does really good build-ups. But is Sorry Not Sorry, that chorus was so bad compared to the verses. Here, the verses build up to something fantastic, and that is what we get in the chorus. I hope this does well.
 
Now to the first purple song. Thankfully, two purples is technically allowed, but it was so freaking hard to pick which one to put at #1 on MWP. I ended up putting Zombie, more on it next. Panic! At The Disco is awesome. What Brendon Urie can come up with is unique. He can create this pop/rock atmosphere that makes me so happy every time I hear it. The first song I heard from him was Victorious, and I loved that one for so many reasons. Death Of A Bachelor was too croon for my taste. There were a couple more, but none of them were ever like Say Amen. This song is absolutely marvelous. This is Victorious style, and I can't help enjoying this. I smile every time I hear it. I am glad that this debuted so quickly and I really hope it can do something here, like have done all Panic! songs.


The song that somehow didn't debut last week, but In My Blood did, is currently my #1 song. Zombie is a Bad Wolves cover of The Cranberries' biggest hit, probably. That version was a really good song, but I was five at the time it was released, so I only started listening to it after Dolores sadly passed away. I loved The Cranberries' Dreams, I have no clue how I got to know it but I loved it. Anyhow, when I compare The Cranberries' excellent song to Bad Wolves', the latter is much, much better. I feel alone in that opinion. But The Cranberries have some annoying parts, especially when Dolores extends «Zombie», like «Zombie, ay, ay, ay...». I find that really annoying. The lyrics are absolutely spectacular, and the verses sung by Dolores are stellar. But when I compare to Bad Wolves' cover, there are things to say. First of all, Dolores O'Riordan was supposed to lend her voice to Bad Wolves' cover. I would have loved to see how that turned out. Her very sadly and suddenly passing away caused Bad Wolves to donate ALL proceeds to her children, and I have never seen that before. With the mini-paragraph at the beginning of the video, you understand that Bad Wolves was affected by this death. The song starts with the verses I so adore, and Bad Wolves kept up to par. That man has such a fabulous voice, and Bad Wolves are a pretty sick band. They totally keep up to the «calm» rock I so adore, like The Sound Of Silence, who spent around 1¾ years on the top 60 of MWP. The verses build up to the chorus. The build-up is marvelous, and I give credit to The Cranberries for that. But you can totally feel the emotion in Tommy Vext's voice. His power, his sadness, his anger is radiated through his voice even if he isn't even sad or angry. His voice is a lot like Disturbed's. This song is awesome. And the annoying part in The Cranberries' version is expertly handled. I am so glad that this song made it onto Hits 1 and debuted so high. That really made this countdown this week good. Thank you Bad Wolves, for making a good song out of the mess we are in now. If you read all of that, you are an amazing person. Thank you.


Hit-Bound

Drake – God's Plan
Echosmith – Over My Head (DEBUT)
Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen – These Days
Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman – Fake [...] Friends
Why Don't We – Trust Fund Baby (DEBUT)
Portugal. The Man – Live In The Moment
Alice Merton – No Roots
The Chainsmokers – Everybody Hates Me (DEBUT)
Dua Lipa – IDGAF
Kendrick Lamar/SZA – All The Stars (DEBUT)
Maren Morris – Rich (DEBUT)
Halsey – Alone
Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign – Psycho

Foster The People – Sit Next To Me


~Hit-Bound is looking nice...

~Over My Head is a really catchy song. Trust Fund Baby also. IDGAF about how bad the lyrics are because the song sounds really good.

~The chorus and drop are really good in Everybody Hates Me, but the verses are really bad. Still, I like the new Chainsmokers, but I am alone.

~All The Stars has some serious weak spots, but some marvelous rap work and pre-chorus. Rich is a country song that is off the carefree, even comedy, country I like. 

Top 5:
1. Over My Head
2. Trust Fund Baby
3. God's Plan
4. All The Stars
5. IDGAF

OOOOOOOOOH, It's Blurb Night 
So, 11 weeks at #1 left us this week. Believer was one of my 2017 favs, but the others were due.

Keala Settle is so flat! I don't understand how anybody could like this. When she screams, she is flat like nothing I have ever heard, it is so painful to my ears. 

We got a big drop from Khalid who was bound not to last long. I hope this leaves soon.

All Falls Down is now really, really bad. Without Alan Walker, why bother even playing this, hits 1?

I really hope that Say Something can pull a Lights Down Low, but that seems unlikely since JT is already popular.

I really grew into Taylor and Charlie's new songs. I like them both now.

Let You Down should get into the top 10 next week. Lights Down Low also. Although I am only praying.

I don't understand why Woman only jumped now. Normally the biggest jump of the week is a new song to the countdown. But last week and this week we have exceptions...

Fall Out Boy is still doing strong here? It has been in the #11-20 for so long, it will probably make the year-end list at this rate.

Pray For Me is so close to the top 10... It replacing Meghan Trainor would make my day.

Lauv might even hit #1 at this point. Something One Foot is struggling with.

Whatever It Takes is a really, really old song. It really should not be peaking this late in its lifetime.

Throwback pick of the week: The Cranberries - Zombie
Most missed countdown song: The Script - Superheroes
#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Zayde Wolf - Army

Top 5:
T1. Say Amen (Saturday Night)
T1. Zombie
3. Pray For Me
4. Let You Down
5. Want You Back

Bottom 5:
T1. This Is Me
T1. Beautiful Trauma
3. Never Be The Same
4. Love So Soft
5. No Excuses


Thanks for viewing, and sorry for that technical error!!!

4 comments:

  1. First, and even if I'm mistaking or not, God's Plan will debut the countdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a minute... God's Plan isn't debuting the countdown this week.

      Delete
  2. NEW MUSIC ALERT: BTS - Don't Leave Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say Amen is like Hallelujah and Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time more than just Victorious. It has the religious lyrics like Hallelujah, yet the dark producution and some swagger in the lyrics, especially with the line "Oh it's Saturday night" (Which I feel is a great nod to Saturday Night Live's catchphrase of Live From New York It's Saturday Night) that resembles DTMWAGT.

    ReplyDelete