Saturday, June 17

The Chainsmokers/Coldplay (2) - Week #24

We really have very little action on the countdown. There were reports of Despacito being played on Hits 1 and it is finally on Hit-Bound! What disgusts me the most is that Hits 1 picked up I'm The One the first week it was eligible, and 2U still isn't here after two weeks (yes, when it was out on Friday counted as a week because Give Love was released yesterday and it is on Hit-Bound). I am seriously worried.

Lorde released her new album called Melodrama. I might review it if I have time.

As for the countdown, we have no exits for the second week in a row. This wouldn't have been something that would have disappointed me, since we had a truckload of trash on Hit-Bound, however, three pieces of absolute nonsense left Hit-Bound this week! Also, no exits means Sooner Or Later, All Night, Kissing Strangers, Lights Down Low, and American Girls get one more week here.

Exits:
NONE!


45. Maroon 5 - Don’t Wanna Know (#44)(-1) [3 Weeks At #1]
44. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#45)(+1)
43. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#43)(=) [4 Weeks At #1]
42. Niall Horan - This Town (#41)(-1)
41. One Ok Rock - American Girls (#42)(+1)
40. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#33)(-7)
39. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#25)(-14)
38. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#40)(+2)
37. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don’t Wanna Live Forever (#30)(-7)
36. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#31)(-5)
35. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (#38)(+3)
34. Maroon 5 - Cold (#28)(-6)
33. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I’m The One (#36)(+3)
32. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#37)(+5)
31. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla (#34)(+3)
30. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#35)(+5)
29. DNCE - Kissing Strangers (#39)(+10)
28. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#26)(-2)
27. Ocean Park Standoff - Good News (#29)(+2)
26. Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip That Down (#27)(+1)
25. Train - Play That Song (#20)(-5)
24. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#24)(=) [8 Weeks At #1]
23. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#18)(-5)
22. Hey Violet - Break My Heart (#32)(+10)
21. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#23)(+2)
20. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#22)(+2)
19. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#19)(=)
18. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#21)(+3)
17. Bruno Mars - That’s What I Like (#17)(=)
16. Halsey - Now Or Never (#16)(=)
15. AJR - Weak (#10)(-5)
14. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#5)(-9)
13. Julia Michaels - Issues (#6)(-7)
12. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#9)(-3)
11. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#13)(+2) [1 Week At #1]
10. Charlie Puth - Attention (#12)(+2)
9. James Arthur - Say You Won’t Let Go (#11)(+2)
8. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#15)(+7)
7. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#14)(+7)
6. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain’t Me (#8)(+2)
5. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#7)(+2)
4. Shawn Mendes - There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back (#4) [1 Week At #1](=)
3. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#1) [3 Weeks At #1](-2)
2. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#2) [2 Weeks At #1](=)
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#3) [2nd Week At #1](+2)


Biggest jump of the week: Hey Violet - Break My Heart; DNCE - Kissing Strangers (+10)
Biggest drop of the week: Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (-14)
#1 song this week one year ago: Taylor Swift - New Romatics (2)
#1 song last week: Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

Hit-Bound
5. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together
6. Paramore - Hard Times

11. Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor
13. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh
3. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (DEBUT)
12. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (DEBUT)
7. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
10. Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish [my opinion changed]
14. Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut to the Feeling
8. All Time Low - Good Times
9. Andy Grammer/Lunchmoney Lewis - Give Love (DEBUT)
4. Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
2. Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me

1. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (DEBUT)


~Exiting us are Good Time Good Life, Wicked, and Overwhelming. They were all old, annoying, terrible, and popular nowhere else, and I am glad that they left for two amazing songs, a good song, and a bad song. I could build a castle out of all the blurbs they threw at me
Although I don't like Something Just Like This as much as Adrian, Montavis, my mom, a bunch of kids at my school, and so on, I still like it and prefer it at #1 over Stay or the ghastly There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back.

How long is it now that Castle On The Hill has been at #2? It cannot let go of that spot.

Nice to see Believer back in the top 5 and Shape Of You to leave the top ten before I got sick of it.

Heavy is jumping and dropping all over the place. It seriously is not popular on my radio, but I still love it and would be overjoyed if it hit #1.

I did not expect for The Cure to hit the top ten. It is a good song, but not as good as some of the masterpieces lingering around the 30s and 40s.

I am fine with Attention re-entering the top 10, but Say You Won't Let Go is fading on me. I can see how people can find it boring.

Thankfully, Weak did not stay in the top 10 for long.

The top 20 is looking considerably better than the bottom part of the countdown.

Our lone top 20 debut is Malibu, which I have to put in pink at this point. Slow Hands re-entering the top 20 is perfect.

I guess we had to go pink-for-pink and green-for-green in terms of the top 20 entrants and exits, right? Although Play That Song is worse by a large margin than Malibu.

I did not expect Break My Heart to hit the top half of the countdown so quickly. I didn't hear it all week. I would have preferred if Guys My Age would have made these kind of jumps.

However, Kissing Strangers FINALLY jumping for the second time in its tenure really is pleasing.

HandClap is old and should not have been in the top 25 for this long. I am glad that is dropped.

I have no comment about much else: about my whole top 5 and I'm The One, my opinion and comments haven't changed.

Top 20 score: 49%

#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Shaun Frank & Dyson - No Future (like this will ever happen)
Most missed countdown song: Maroon 5 - This Summer's Gonna Hurt... (really been jamming out to this recently)
Throwback pick of the week: Timbaland/OneRepublic - Apologize (2008)

Top 5:
1. Kissing Strangers
1. Lights Down Low
3. All Night
4. Sooner Or Later
5. American Girls

Bottom 5:
1. I'm The One
1. Play That Song
3. I Don't Wanna Live Forever
4. Slide
5. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

Thanks for viewing and happy Father's day!

2 comments:

  1. Hit-Bound:
    Noah Cyrus - Stay Together
    Paramore - Hard Times
    Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor
    Julia Michaels - Uh Huh
    Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (DEBUT)
    Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (DEBUT)
    Imagine Dragons - Thunder
    Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
    Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut to the Feeling
    All Time Low - Good Times
    Andy Grammer/Lunchmoney Lewis - Give Love (DEBUT)
    Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
    Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
    Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (DEBUT)
    [Exit: Jon Bellion - Overwhelming]
    [Exit: Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life]
    [Exit: Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked]

    I'm not exactly sure if Despacito was on Hit-Bound but it played after Reminding Me so I'm assuming it did debut.

    ReplyDelete