Saturday, May 13

Zedd/Alessia Cara (2) - Week #19

I forgot to do a proper introduction for my personal chart so I will do it here.

If you guys don't already know, where I live, Montreal, we are experiencing some major floods. Over 500 families have been affected and are now living in churches or gyms until the water level recedes. My school has been closed for a week because the road leading up to it, though not the school itself, is flooded. I am lucky to be living inland as is my family, but I have a friend whose house is flooded three feet up his wall. Army members have come to help us out putting sand-bags to prevent others from being flooded. Even worse, we are expecting some more rain this week-end. "But global warming doesn't exist..."

And I had two math contests today, round 3 for one of them. I might not get the #50Friday post out until Sunday or later therefore... Last year anyway, I won and got a nice trip to Paris, I mentioned I went to Paris in an earlier post. Fingers crossed!

So like my blog, the #1s have been changing every week. This is the first time in a month that we have a song at #1 for consecutive weeks.

And the massive Hit-Bound problem more or less fixed itself this week, but the dreadful I'm The One debuted...

And for some crazy reason Hit-Bound decided to pick up Body Like A Back Road. Wow. There are so many songs out there that would make so much more sense to have on here than a mediocre country song. And Despacito still isn't on there...

Exits:
Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#39)
Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#43)
James Hersey - Miss You (#44)[:(]
Rihanna - Love On The Brain (#45)[:)]


45. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#40)

44. Niall Horan - This Town (#41)
43. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (#42)
42. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#27)
41. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#38)
40. One Ok Rock - American Girls (DEBUT)[?!?]
39. Snakehips/MO - Don't Leave (#36)
38. Hailee Steinfield & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#29)








PAUSE...










37. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (DEBUT)










YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!









36. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#35)
35. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (DEBUT)
34. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic #$@%#? (#34)
33. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#31)
32. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#28)
31. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#33)
30. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (DEBUT)
29. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#32)
28. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#37)
27. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (#25)
26. Halsey - Now Or Never (#30)
25. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (#11)[!!!]
24. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#24)
23. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#23)
22. AJR - Weak (#18)
21. Train - Play That Song (#21)[???+!!!]
20. Charlie Puth - Attention (#20)
19. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#16)
18. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#19)
17. Maroon 5 - Cold (#12)
16. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (#22)
15. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#17)
14. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#26)
13. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#9)[...]
12. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#8)
11. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#10)
10. Julia Michaels - Issues (#13)
9. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#3)
8. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#14)
7. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#7)
6. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#4)
5. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#5)
4. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#6)
3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#15)[finally!]
2. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#2)
1. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#1)[2nd week at #1]

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back; The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (+12)
Biggest Drop Of The Week: Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (-15)

Comments on debuts:
So the debuts from American Girls and Sooner Or Later, the two songs that left Hit-Bound are much appreciated to start off. American Girls is a cool rock song, though I know better, and the tune is pretty catchy. But I did NOT expect this on to debut.

As for the epic Sooner Or Later, I was very worried that is was gone for good. But amazingly North America has taste and picked a great song to debut. The verses are extremely catchy and the chorus is amazing! This guy's voice sounds perfect throughout the song. I really hope this song can make a top 20 appearance at least.

I reviewed I'm The One in the comments section in last post. Is hasn't changed from the absolute trash it is.

Slow Hands is a great mellow song with a catchy part to it also. Not much else to say. I guess I could call it a replacement for Miss You.

Hit-Bound:
Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls

Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (DEBUT)
Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla
Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (DEBUT)
Hey Violet - Break My Heart
Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked

Zayn/PartyNextDoor - Still Got Time
Fall Out Boy - Young & Menace
Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best (DEBUT)

Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
DNCE - Kissing StrangersKaty Perry - Bon Appétit


~Hopefully Good Life can pull an American Girls or a Sooner Or Later and come back. That really was a special one.

I'm The Blurb
Once again we have pure class... in the thirties... Completely underrated...

Our top 5 is looking pretty solid. All good, and none of them are even starting to grow out of me.

Doesn't it make total sense that Closer is the #13 most popular song in North America? Could we get Heavy or All Night back up there?

As Slide continues to jump, Don't Leave and Lights Down Low continue to drop. These actions should 100% be reversed!

We have two horrible top 10 entrants and the awesome Something Just Like This, which I hope will hit #1 before I get sick of Stay. Give Stay 15 weeks before is turns blue, then red.

Hopefully 24K Magic and Side To Side will leave before 2018.

I have grown out of This Town.

I really cannot see what is so good about Play That Song.

We really had little action this week.

Top 20 review!
0-Horrible
20. Slide
19. Issues
18. L.A. Devotee
17. Closer

1-Bad
16. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

2-Decent
15. Mercy
14. Cold
13. Paris

3-Okay
NONE!

4-Good
12. Say You Won't Let Go
11. It Ain't Me

5-Great
10. Castle On The Hill
9. That's What I Like
8. Stay
7. Something Just Like This
6. Shape Of You
5. Believer
4. The Cure
3. Heavy
2. Attention
1. All Night

~I have taken out the -1 and the 6 because they could throw things off track.

Top 5 countdown
1. Lights Down Low
1. Sooner Or Later
3. All Night
4. Slow Hands
5. Heavydirtysoul

Bottom 5 countdown
1. I'm The One
2. Slide
3. I Don't Wanna Live Forever
4. 24K Magic
5. I Feel It Coming

Top 3 Hit-Bound
1. Stay Together
2. At My Best
3. Young & Menace

Bottom 3 Hit-Bound
1. Good Time Good Life
2. Kissing Strangers
3. Overwhelming

#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Massari - So Long
Throwback pick of the week: Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
Most missed countdown song: The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down

Thanks for viewing!

One more thing: Should I introduce Guess The Song on this blog?

5 comments:

  1. 1. Oh wow. Hope the flooding dies down.
    2. "You were staying in Paris..."
    3. I know that Sooner or Later dropped to like #19 on your chart. I guess you grew into it again?
    4. What's wrong with TNHMB?
    5. You should introduce Guess the Song to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. me too
      2. wow...
      3. yeah, its #9 now
      4. too bland and mediocre
      5. thnx

      Delete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Vigiland - Friday Night‬‬‬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that really your #1 recommendation or just one of them?

      Delete