Saturday, May 20

Ed Sheeran (2) - Week #20

So Despacito is still not on Hit-Bound...

This week was more active than last week, and all our exits are bad except one. Some awesome things happened but some pretty bad.

And Hit-Bound is now a disaster.

Exits:
Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (#27)
Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#29)
Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#34)
Snakehips/MO - Don't Leave (#39)
Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#41)


45. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#45)

44. Niall Horan - This Town (#44)

43. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (#43)

42. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#32)
41. Hailee Steinfield & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#38)
40. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#37)
39. One Ok Rock - American Girls (#40)
38. Zayn/PartyNext Door - Still Got Time (DEBUT)
37. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#42)
36. G-Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life (DEBUT)
35. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#31)
34. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla (DEBUT)
33. DNCE - Kissing Strangers (DEBUT)
32. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#33)
31. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfield - At My Best (DEBUT)
30. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#24)
29. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#13)
28. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#36)
27. Maroon 5 - Cold (#17)
26. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#6)
25. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (#25)
24. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#28)
23. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#35)
22. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (#16)
21. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#23)
20. Charlie Puth - Attention (#20)
19. Train - Play That Song (#21)
18. AJR - Weak (#22)
17. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#5)
16. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#30)
15. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#15)
14. Halsey - Now Or Never (#26)
13. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#18)
12. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#8)
11. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Be Back (#14)
10. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#12)
9. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#9)
8. Julia Michaels - Issues (#10)
7. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#19)
6. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#7)
5. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#11)
4. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#3)
3. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#2)
2. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#1)
1. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#4)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Niall Horan - Slow Hands (+14)
Biggest Drop Of The Week: Shawn Mendes - Mercy (-20)

Comments on debuts:
PartyNextDoor has put up two songs that I know in the past: Not Nice and Run Up. Before I thought that this song was the worst of the bunch, but now it is the best. I have massively grown into this song the past week mainly because of the music, and I actually like this rapper's voice. And he is canadian! Woo hoo! (No comment on Zayn)

Yet another Hit-Bound dropout that debuts the countdown. Prepare, Bon Appetit! Anyway, considering how amazingly well the last two are doing, I'll expect this one to break the record of weeks at #1, right guys? Pity, because it is a good song. I almost put it in purple because G-Eazy is an amazing rapper and Kehlani's voice is pretty amazing.

Swalla has been steadily declining for me. The rappers completely mess up their jobs, and I guess overplay got me sick of the chorus, though it was pretty catchy at first. But Jason Derulo does not have a good voice.

I have also massively grown into Kissing Strangers. I once had this in orange. I guess I didn;t give it a chance after I heard the first verse, but I grew into the verses and I LOVE the chorus! Plus, the performance on The Voice helped.

Our highest debut of the week comes unexpectedly from Machine Gun Kelly and Hailee Steinfield with At My Best. This song is great, the meaning is a bit too much, and that's all I can say, really.

Hit-Bound (now ranked from 1 to 13-14-15)
1. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club (DEBUT)
2. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together

3. Fall Out Boy - Young & Menace
4. Hey Violet - Break My Heart
5. Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip That Down (DEBUT)
6. Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
7. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (DEBUT)
8. Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish (DEBUT)
9. Hailee Steinfield - Most Girls
10. Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked
11. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (DEBUT)
12. Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
13. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
14. Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life

~We say goodbye, happily, to Bon Appetit which gets replaced by Swish Swish.

Kissing Blurbs (there are so many titles that could be created...)
Our top 7 is looking pretty good. The #1 was not expected. But I can take it. I am glad but not surprised at #2-4 and 6, but Believer at #5 made my day! This song really is good and the band is in my top 3 bands this millennium. And Heavy jumping back up to #7 was awesome, even though given how much action it's had I was not surprised.

The top 20 is fantastic. We have two debuts in the top ten who are amazing and good and completely unexpected and two re-entries which, frankly, would be green if I just heard them now, but which overplay killed. (a mention...) All of our top 20 exits are VERY much appreciated except, of course, All Night.

The jump to #23 by I'm The One was predictable but is disgusting. Seriously, how can this song get more popularity than Despacito? Because people like rap? Or because people like English more than Spanish? Or because... I don't know, really. There is no really good reason.

Awesome to see Lights Down Low re-visiting its peak. I really hope that this song can make a better job out of its tenure that Don't Leave.

The biggest jump and drop are fine by me, but most notably is the other drop of the dreadful Closer, now the oldest song on the countdown in a more logical spot on the countdown. But still not too logical.

Sooner Or Later and American Girls will be a flop, I guess. Well I guess it is guaranteed for them to not win alone the shortest tenure prize.

Heavydirtysoul really was a flop everywhere, I guess. And Twenty One Pilots have not created a new song since Heathens, so I guess they took a break, also. Too bad.

And I Feel It Coming is still here. Reminder was #2 on my radio's daily countdown, so I hope it can at least debut Hit-Bound over here.

TOP 20 REVIEW
0 - Horrible
20. Slide
19. Play That Song

1 - Bad
18. Weak

2 - Okay
17. Issues

3 - Decent
16. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
15. Paris
14. L.A. Devotee

4 - Good
13. Now Or Never

5 - Great
12. Castle On The Hill
11. Something Just Like This
10. Say You Won't Let Go
9. The Cure
8. That's What I Like
7. It Ain't Me
6. Believer

6- Masterpiece
5. Stay
4. Shape Of You
3. Slow Hands
2. Attention
1. Heavy

Total score: 81% (Fantastic!)

#1 recommendation for Hits 1: The Weeknd - Reminder
Throwback pick of the week: Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Most missed countdown song: Disclosure/Lorde - Magnets

Top 5:
1. Lights Down Low
2. Sooner Or Later
3. All Night
4. Heavy
5. Kissing Strangers

Bottom 5:
1. I'm The One
2. Slide
3. I Don't Wanna Live Forever
4. Starving
5. Closer


Guess the song! (extremely easy - I will make harder ones when I get more time)

I was at my peak when Unsteady left.

My artist had another song in the top 20 in the same week.

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on being the first to have the countdown post up before anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I feel like that was supposed to be an insult to me. :P I don't mind though.

      Delete
    2. To think that that was an insult is good because that means that you are the fastest. And anyway I only got this countdown because of Pulse Music Boards, so technically you were first...

      Delete
  2. Powerful was never on here. Sucks because it's my second-favorite song from Major Lazer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would not believe how glad I am to see I'm the One in Orange. And to think I used to think it was better than Despacito (Remix).

    Also, I was wondering why you don't like slide. It's a bit unusual, especially for Calvin Harris but most other critics say it's better than most of his other work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. But just a question, are there any songs on this countdown that aren't popular in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 40, 39, 35, 33, 32, 31, 28, 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 16, 12, 5
      I never heard those in canada.
      Plus all of hit-bound except Good News.

      But I don't know about what is happening in other cities

      Delete
    2. So HandClap and Believer were never popular there? Huh...

      Delete
  5. Songs impacting pop radio today:
    Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
    Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
    Liam Payne/Quavo - Stirp That Down
    Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
    Selena Gomez - Bad Liar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fifth one is the one I have the most mixed opinion on. I really don't like the production but the meaning is too good.

      Although I haven't heard it on the radio yet. Neither of them.

      Delete
  6. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Nicki Minaj - Regret in Your Tears

    ReplyDelete